The new AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm f2.8G is a true 1:1 macro lens for DX format DSLRs like the D90, D5100 and D7000. Incorporating the NIKKOR Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quiet accurate focus operation, a large f2.8 aperture and a 16.3cm close focusing, this lens is ideal for shooting both intimate close-up details or general portraiture with flattering out of focus elements. When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of about 60mm in 35mm format.
Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm f2.8G main features
- 40mm DX-format macro lens (FX-format/35mm equivalent:60mm).
- Large maximum aperture of f/2.8.
- 1:1 reproduction ratio offers life-like close-ups.
- Closest focusing distance: 0.163 m.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for accurate, whisper-quiet autofocus.
- Two focus modes: M/A (manual-priority autofocus), allows quick switching between Autofocus and Manual focus operation, and M (manual focus).
Included Accessories: Lens Case CL-0915, Lens Hood HB-61, Lens Cap LC-52